Lurking NInja
Topic Author

Questions about Noesis (non-technical)

22 Feb 2024, 14:16

Hi,

so I'm trying to evaluate Noesis to pick up to use in my personal projects and to possibly to advise my clients to use it.
But the current toolset (Blend) and non-indie-friendly licensing makes it hard.

My questions are:
- When the Noesis Studio is planned to be released? Unfortunately the roadmap page is useless when it comes to dates. It's all over the place and according to that, it already should be out but there is no sign of it on the page anywhere.
- Someone from the team mentioned (I think on the Unity forums?) that the Indie licensing will be changed to a more Indie-friendly version where people in the middle of dev-cycle don't need to regularly come back to the site and beg for a new key. Licensing instability, overcomplication is number one thing about this tool to be discouraging. So, does it happen? If it does, approximately when?

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Questions about Noesis (non-technical)

26 Feb 2024, 13:33

Hello! We have plans to release the first beta of the studio before GDC (March 18th) and after that, more betas will be rolling during this year. These are going to be private versions available only to paying customers.

Changes are also coming to our licenses, we received a lot of feedback during the last years and we are working on it. I can't give you specific time for this.

saji8k

27 Feb 2024, 00:44

We have plans to release the first beta of the studio before GDC
Will the first beta be Windows x64 only? Or will it support Windows arm as well?
Since macOS will not be supported in the first beta, I am wondering if there will be an arm version that I can run in a Windows 11 ARM VM using Parallels on macOS in the interim.

jsantos
Site Admin

28 Feb 2024, 10:55

Sorry, only Windows x64 for now. We need to focus our energy for this first release.

We already have an internal macOS version that we are using to check we are not breaking important things on this platform.

Kaziem

29 Feb 2024, 01:36

These are going to be private versions available only to paying customers.
Changes are also coming to our licenses
With the current licenses being for finished projects, and likely price prohibitive for non-studio developers, is there any plan to make a more approachable licensing option specifically to make the software available for indie developers in this beta as well?

jsantos
Site Admin

29 Feb 2024, 15:56

With the current licenses being for finished projects, and likely price prohibitive for non-studio developers, is there any plan to make a more approachable licensing option specifically to make the software available for indie developers in this beta as well?
Yes, we hope to bring news about this very soon.

jsantos
Site Admin

19 Mar 2024, 01:30