ronan.thibaudau
Topic Author

Pricing feedback

06 Jul 2013, 15:41

At the risk of getting bashed, my feedback is "it's too cheap".
The per seat licensing prices seem fair but the per project licenses seem very very cheap (1% of budget at most!) I'm not saying go for crazy prices but at 200$ for a whole team for a whole (potentially multi year) project, i fear you won't be able to do any good support / development at this fee.
I think a good tradeoff would be to keep those prices, remove the pro license, and make private email support a separate product (on a per incident or per month/year basis), that way you can justify continuous support and the low fee for other licenses get justified by the fact they're "fire and forget" sales.
The unity price seems fair, but gets expensive in comparison to indie (it's only cheaper for 1 man teams), if you want to keep the rest of the pricing i'd lower it to 100 making sense for up to 2 man teams, that or sell 2 versions (one on the store as an editor extention at 100, per user, another as a company offerring at 500 or so, per company, can't sell per project there)
While i understand it will be a case by case thing, i'd really like to have a "ballpark number" for source licensing. Also will you be offering help for engine integration with source licensees?

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Pricing feedback

06 Jul 2013, 18:19

Hi ronam,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I am sending you an email.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Pricing feedback

06 Jul 2013, 18:21

Prices have changed a bit in comparison with the public document. And yes, our idea is having another license for support that is charged per year.

About the premium license, yes we include private support to help companies with problems, integration, etc.