tr4np
Topic Author

ScrollViewer touch events on iOS not firing

06 May 2015, 16:22

I have a ScrollViewer object, and I'm using PreviewMouseDown, PreviewMouseMove, and PreviewMouseUp to implement pagination. It works fine on Windows. However, it doesn't work on iOS.

I tried changing the events to TouchDown, TouchMove, and TouchUp, but I'm only receiving the TouchDown events. How can I get the TouchMove and TouchUp events from the ScrollViewer on iOS?

I'm using Noesisgui v1.1.14 with Unity 4.6.5.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: ScrollViewer touch events on iOS not firing

08 May 2015, 02:58

I have been checking this against WPF and effectively we are doing something wrong. Whenever a manipulation starts (and scrollviewer starts a manipulation each time you touch down) the touch is captured. But our implementation of capturing is not right because we should be raising touch events (only in the scrollviewer because it is captured) even when the manipulation is active.

We need to fix this. Do you think you could update to v1.2? I would like to solve this for the next version. Or even provide you a hotfix if you need it.

tr4np
Topic Author

08 May 2015, 03:26

I tried updating to 1.2 about a week ago, but ran into compatibility problems with uFrame (duplicate classes in the two packages) which I couldn't resolve. I deleted one set of the duplicate files, but still got some error about ambiguous class references for the collection events, which led to more errors no matter which namespace I resolved to. I'm guessing the files don't have the same contents, which leads to either uFrame or Noesisgui breaking depending on which set I delete.

I ended up reverting back to v1.1.14. If you know how I can get v1.2 working with uFrame, then I will do it. This is actually the only thing holding me back from upgrading to Unity 5. Btw, your support is WAY better than uFrame's!

If I can't get v1.2 working with uFrame, I would like a hotfix for v1.1.14 if possible. Thanks!

jsantos
Site Admin

08 May 2015, 03:32

Thanks!

Could you enumerate the duplicated classes or files?

tr4np
Topic Author

08 May 2015, 03:47

There are the initial errors I get when importing Noesisgui v1.2.3.
Assets/uFrameComplete/uFrame/Shared/ModelCollection.cs(17,35): warning CS0436: The type `System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection<T>' conflicts with the imported type `System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection<T>'. Ignoring the imported type definition

Assets/uFrameComplete/uFrame/Shared/ModelCollection.cs(19,19): warning CS0436: The type `System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs' conflicts with the imported type `System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs'. Ignoring the imported type definition

Assets/uFrameComplete/uFrame/Base/Bindings/ModelViewModelCollectionBinding.cs(105,12): error CS0104: `INotifyCollectionChanged' is an ambiguous reference between `System.Collections.ObjectModel.INotifyCollectionChanged' and `System.Collections.Specialized.INotifyCollectionChanged'

jsantos
Site Admin

08 May 2015, 18:49

To be compatible packages, we agreed, uFrame and Noesis, to have a share folder with common classes. That folder is on github (https://github.com/Noesis/UnityMVVM) and corresponds to the path Assets\Plugins\NoesisGUI\Scripts\MVVM in our package. We also agreed to share the GUIDS (.meta files) to avoid conflicts for users of both packages.

As you can see, Micah integrated our changes in his respository (https://github.com/micahosborne/UnityMV ... fcb2727f09). Although I don't know in which version those changes were publicly available.

Do you have the last version of uFrame?

tr4np
Topic Author

08 May 2015, 20:19

I'm using the latest version of uFrame (v1.51r2) from the Unity Asset Store. I compared the files against the ones on Github, and the uFrame files are different. I've sent an e-mail to uFrame support, so hopefully they can help me get a version of uFrame that's using the latest UnityMVVM files.

tr4np
Topic Author

09 May 2015, 06:31

Good news! While I haven't heard back from uFrame support, I did modify all of uFrame's UnityMVVM files and changed their namespaces. This allowed uFrame to use its own version of the files, while allowing me to update Noesisgui to v1.2.3 (and Unity 5!).

Now you can just work on fixing ScrollViewer events for the latest version. :)

tr4np
Topic Author

03 Jun 2015, 18:51

Hi, just checking to see if there's any update on the status of this issue...

jsantos
Site Admin

05 Jun 2015, 02:10

It is planned for the next version (1.2.4). The release was expected to happen this week, but we are a bit delayed because we are also working in the v1.3 branch.