Daki
Topic Author

Ogre Renderer Update Never Completes

28 Jan 2014, 04:21

I recently updated Noesis from version 1.0.2.4404 to 1.1.3.4655 within my Ogre project. When I run my existing project after a few minutes the game locks up from calling the following code in OgreNsGuiBindings.cpp:
Ptr<IRenderer> renderer(static_cast<IRenderer*>(uiRenderer));
RendererInfo& ri = gRenderersInfo[renderer];
renderer->Update(time);
ri.commands = renderer->WaitForUpdate();
The update never appears to complete and the game will hang permanently from that point on as the main thread is blocked. I don't see anything notable in the log.

Any help would be appreciated :)

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Ogre Renderer Update Never Completes

29 Jan 2014, 03:38

Hi,

Did you rebuild all the data? Does the lock happen randomly or always at the same time?

I think that the best way to solve this is that you file a bug in the tracker. And if possible, please, attach a minidump (just when the game is locked, break with the debugger and save a minidump).

Thanks!

Daki
Topic Author

29 Jan 2014, 05:09

Thanks for your reply.

I rebuilt everything clean when I upgraded Noesis (including my bindings project, all my ui, and my game). It locks 100% of the time but the timing is a bit random - it happens in about 1 or 2 minutes usually.

I have filed a bug and included a minidump of the application when it is in this locked state. Please let me know if there is any more information I could provide to help.

jsantos
Site Admin

30 Jan 2014, 04:16

Thanks for the report! And sorry for the delay, we are preparing the release of noesisGUI v1.1.4. I have sent you a preview.