lzt120
Topic Author

Getting Start NoesisGUI for Unreal Engine tutorial.

20 Mar 2019, 07:11

Hello,
Just make one mini tutorial, it mainly focus on first step to use NoesisGUI in Unreal Engine 4. It includes three section: WPF section,Blueprint Section, Code Section. Source code included.
Hope it may help.Click below link to see the details of the tutorial.

https://github.com/franklzt/NoesisUE4Tutorial

hcpizzi
Site Admin

Re: Getting Start NoesisGUI for Unreal Engine tutorial.

20 Mar 2019, 13:08

Hi lzt120,

Thank you for your contribution. Hopefully this will help others with their first steps with Noesis and Unreal.

norlin

20 Mar 2019, 16:27

Hey thank you!
Yet I'm trying to follow the tutorial but after importing XAML to UE4 the engine is crashes when I'm trying to launch the game (PIE mode).
No crash report, nothing but a crash. Also it's crashing even if I don't use the imported XAML at all.
UE4 source build 4.21.2

One more thing: after replacing the default Window element in the xaml and cs files, the project build in Blend is failed because of InitializeComponent(); call. Is it ok just to remove this, or should be fixed in some other way?
Indie @ Norlin Games

hcpizzi
Site Admin

20 Mar 2019, 16:57

Hi norlin,

I've been having crashes related to the Alembic Importer plugin. You can try disabling it from Edit > Plugins, then select Importers on the left panel and untick the box on the right.

I haven't had time to go over the tutorial myself yet, but I'll post my feedback once I have. Sometimes it's hard to put yourself in the shoes of a new user when you've been doing something for quite some time.

Please, let us know if disabling that plugin solves your crashes. If it doesn't, could you please send us the Unreal log?

jarjarfinks

22 Mar 2019, 07:24

Hey lzt120,

I followed your tutorial and I couldn't get the "NoesisView" class to show up when I try to create the blueprint. I attempted to reparent too with no luck. I'm using UE4.21, is the version of UE I'm using the problem?

Thanks for the time dude!

lzt120
Topic Author

22 Mar 2019, 08:28

I add one picture for easy reference to show it up on the tutorial.
you can do that by right click on the content browser, choose NoesisView to create one blueprint,name it MainWindowView.

lzt120
Topic Author

25 Mar 2019, 05:37

this is the link to the tutorial, it may be help. https://www.bilibili.com/video/av47290316

SumitCityzenith

18 Dec 2019, 11:20

Hello,

Could anyone post an example that shows how to instantiate a noesis view and also setup databinding using C++ only? I've seen many examples through Blueprint, but couldn't find anything related to C++.

Thanks
Sumit

hcpizzi
Site Admin

23 Dec 2019, 21:02

Hi SumitCityzenith,

Sorry for the late reply. If you want to work using C++ only, you can just simply use the same code that you would use without Unreal. We don't have any UE4 samples that don't use Blueprint in one way or another. But you can take a look at the UE4 Inventory sample before this commit:

https://github.com/Noesis/Tutorials/com ... 7d5cb83351

Before that commit, the Inventory sample used basically the C++ sample code. The only thing that's Unreal specific is that you register your components in your game module, and you have to import the assets, of course.

As for the View, do you mean creating an instance of the UE4 NoesisView class, or just creating an IView?

Thank you, and again, sorry for the late reply.