ClintBarton
Topic Author

Noesis GUI in business application

21 Jun 2018, 12:48

Hi,

We are developing business application for mobile devices. This includes iOS, Android and UWP.Our application needs to have configurable UI, because we are working with changeable data model.Because of this we choose Xamarin with Xamarin Forms. But we found out that Xamarin Forms are very limited and we can’t create the UI as we want. The other approach would be to use the native UI for each platform, but I don’t want to go this route, because it would basically mean to create and maintain 3 applications (code sharing below 50%).So, I was really excited when I have found Noesis GUI.There are some questions I would like to ask:
Can I use the Managed SDK in our Xamarin project to create the whole UI for our application?
Are there some samples or documentation on how can I integrate Noesis GUI into Xamarin project?
Can I download UI definition file from our server and load it at runtime? This should be possible with compiling the XAML files to NSB files. Is this correct?
This feature could be used to configure our UI.
Can I show Web content, Map or other 3rd party elements inside the Noesis GUI?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
viewtopic.php?t=1058

Thanks!

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Noesis GUI in business application

02 Jul 2018, 20:08

Hi,
Can I use the Managed SDK in our Xamarin project to create the whole UI for our application?
Yes, our managed SDK is compatible with Xamarin to create the UI of your application. Our current version only supports Windows and Android but we are working on the rest of platforms (OS X, iOS, UWP...).
Are there some samples or documentation on how can I integrate Noesis GUI into Xamarin project?
If you download the Managed SDK you will find some samples under Src/Samples with projects for Xamarin.Android.
Can I download UI definition file from our server and load it at runtime? This should be possible with compiling the XAML files to NSB files. Is this correct?
This feature could be used to configure our UI.
We don't load xaml files directly, a Stream is returned by a XamlProvider that should be implemented by the client. So you can manage how you provide that Stream to Noesis, so we can parse the xaml contents.
Can I show Web content, Map or other 3rd party elements inside the Noesis GUI?
This can be achieved by rendering to a texture that you can use later in Noesis as a TextureSource for an ImageBrush or Image.
There are some clients that did the same, for example: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=579&p=3116