Pangas
Topic Author

Render Mode

01 May 2018, 15:23

Hi, I'm new to your UI. I've been trying to get a Noesis View on a Quad or a plane, like in your Widget3D example, but I cannot find the way to change the Noesis View's Render Mode from a "Camera Overlay" to a "Render Texture". Is there a special option somewhere that changes this? This is the only difference I can see between my project's Quad and the Widget3D's Quad. Am I missing something?

Also, if it is at all possible, could you make some more step by step tutorials? The only ones I've been able to find have been on Youtube, and those are from 2014 and are DEFINITELY out of date.

Thank you.

Pangas
Topic Author

Re: Render Mode

01 May 2018, 16:05

To clarify, this is in the Unity Engine

Pangas
Topic Author

01 May 2018, 17:53

So I figured it out on my own. I needed to actually put a render texture on the Quad itself. This automatically changed the Render Mode in the Noesis View to be "Render Texture," which allowed for me to equip my custom texture to the Quad.

sfernandez
Site Admin

03 May 2018, 15:19

As you found out you need a RenderTexture to be set in the material of the 3D object, otherwise we decide to render to the Main Camera.

One of the things we our considering in Unity is making the Noesis View more configurable. Instead of trying to detect ourselves where to render the UI, the user will provide the Camera where it should be rendered, and the user will be in charge of configuring that camera, deciding if it has a RenderTexture attached or not.