hcpizzi
Site Admin

Re: ListBoxItem is out of ListBox's bounds in UE4 Android Platform.

24 Mar 2018, 09:41

Hi, just a quick update to let you know that I've purchased a new device of the same maker with a similar SoC that will hopefully allow me to reproduce this issue, but it won't arrive until Monday.

Until then, could you let me know which version of Android you have installed? Is it the latest vendor update?

Thank you for your patience.

ride_wind
Topic Author

26 Mar 2018, 06:09

Hi, just a quick update to let you know that I've purchased a new device of the same maker with a similar SoC that will hopefully allow me to reproduce this issue, but it won't arrive until Monday.

Until then, could you let me know which version of Android you have installed? Is it the latest vendor update?

Thank you for your patience.
My phone's system is the latest vendor update.
More detail to see below picture.
PhoneDetail.png

hcpizzi
Site Admin

28 Mar 2018, 01:40

Hi ride_wind,

I figured out what the problem is.

The last render pass, in which the UI is drawn, is drawn to the default OpenGL framebuffer. The buffers attached to this framebuffer are provided by EGL. By default, Unreal doesn't require a minimum number of stencil bits. The driver on my original device was choosing a pixel format with stencil buffer, but on the new one it was picking one with no stencil.

The way to fix it is to request at least 8 bits of stencil buffer. You can do this by changing the value of the variable EGLMinStencilBits in Engine/Source/Runtime/OpenGLDrv/Private/Android/AndroidEGL.cpp from the current value of 0 to 8.

I think this is a bug in Unreal, because there's no easy way to change that (no setting in the editor or console variable or anything) and they use the stencil buffer for clipping UMG too in some circumstances. But it doesn't seem like the OpenGL code is a priority for them. In any case, this should solve your problem.

Please, let us know if the issue persists.

ride_wind
Topic Author

28 Mar 2018, 07:44

Hi ride_wind,

I figured out what the problem is.

The last render pass, in which the UI is drawn, is drawn to the default OpenGL framebuffer. The buffers attached to this framebuffer are provided by EGL. By default, Unreal doesn't require a minimum number of stencil bits. The driver on my original device was choosing a pixel format with stencil buffer, but on the new one it was picking one with no stencil.

The way to fix it is to request at least 8 bits of stencil buffer. You can do this by changing the value of the variable EGLMinStencilBits in Engine/Source/Runtime/OpenGLDrv/Private/Android/AndroidEGL.cpp from the current value of 0 to 8.

I think this is a bug in Unreal, because there's no easy way to change that (no setting in the editor or console variable or anything) and they use the stencil buffer for clipping UMG too in some circumstances. But it doesn't seem like the OpenGL code is a priority for them. In any case, this should solve your problem.

Please, let us know if the issue persists.
Hi hcpizzi,

This way perfect solved my problem.
Very thanks.

sfernandez
Site Admin

28 Mar 2018, 11:29

Great news, I'll mark this thread as solved.