elecman
Topic Author

Render once

13 Mar 2018, 00:36

With the latest Unity version, what is the best way to render a standalone object (not fullsceen) only when something changes? It would be nice if the render loop can be paused without any hacks.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Render once

13 Mar 2018, 20:19

There is no easy way right now without modifying the scripts. So if this is not critical for you, please, wait for the next version where we will add a flag to activate that behavior. We are working in the new Render to Texture pipeline but unfortunately this feature didn't make it into the final 2.1, that's the reason we didn't change anything regarding non-camera rendering.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

elecman
Topic Author

14 Mar 2018, 00:53

No problem, will wait until the next version.
Can a RenderOnce() function be implemented in addition to a flag?

jsantos
Site Admin

14 Mar 2018, 13:25

Can a RenderOnce() function be implemented in addition to a flag?
We already offer a low-level API for doing manual renders. You can find it in NoesisRenderer.cs. It is the API being used by NoesisView.

By the way, I saw your new post about your work. It is truly awesome, do you have a video of a cabin with animated interfaces?

elecman
Topic Author

15 Mar 2018, 08:26

Thanks, I will have a look at the API in that file. Is that in the documentation somewhere?

I don't have the animations of the cabin or other instruments ready yet. There is a lot of complex logic behind that (systems, have to be powered, computer not failed, CB not popped, etc) which has to be simulated as well. Will take some time. Maybe I can make a simple demo though.

jsantos
Site Admin

15 Mar 2018, 14:06

Thanks, I will have a look at the API in that file. Is that in the documentation somewhere?
That's a very low-level API. The only documentation available is the code itself.
I don't have the animations of the cabin or other instruments ready yet. There is a lot of complex logic behind that (systems, have to be powered, computer not failed, CB not popped, etc) which has to be simulated as well. Will take some time. Maybe I can make a simple demo though.
Cool! Take your time. Thanks