edgarhsanchez
Topic Author

Dynamically Loading XAML or Graphics

27 Aug 2013, 23:21

I have a need in a project to load user loaded images into the application. There is not way around this other than taking the images and loading them from a URL and then showing them in the xaml controls. I have another project that uses XAML graphics and needs to load these as well. How can I accomplish this with NoesisGUI. In Silverlight/WPF I can use the XamlReader class to create objects on the fly from XAML. Maybe this functionality exists and I just haven't noticed it or looked in the right place?

:D

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Dynamically Loading XAML or Graphics

28 Aug 2013, 02:14

Hi Edgard,

haha, playing with post icons? :D

Although what you asking can be done in C++ it is yet not available in Unity. Our idea is giving support for setting a Texture2D (unity class) to a Noesis Image class.

Having been asked several times about this, we want to start implementing this feature for the next iteration (this week we finish the current iteration whose result is v1.0.3). So it will probably available in NoesisGUI v1.0.4

jsantos
Site Admin

28 Aug 2013, 15:36

Ups, sorry... I didn't answer the Loading XAML question.

Although you cannot generate dynamic XAML in runtime you can create objects using the c# API, and the result is exactly the same that if you had create those objects via XAML.

Is this what you were asking?

edgarhsanchez
Topic Author

29 Aug 2013, 18:53

Could we get a XamlReader implementation? Call it NoesisXamlReader or something? It's much easier to create DataTemplate and Styles dynamically in xaml and then load them when they are ready. It allows us to create very customizable software in WPF and Silverlight with much less effort.

jsantos
Site Admin

01 Sep 2013, 02:13

Well, the bits are there, it is already coded but not present in the DLL runtime, to have a lighter final application. The XAML reader is a complex and big blob of code. We could have it in another library... Or we could create a new version in C# to avoid having to release several DLLs for each platform.

Suggestions are welcome...