nsxdavid
Topic Author

Is it dead?

06 Jan 2018, 02:39

So is Noesis GUI dead?

The "roadmap" Trello Board has no activity from the company since June of last year.

Would be a shame. Looks so promising. But not willing to make a significant investment in something that has become abandon-ware.

David

Wanderer

Re: Is it dead?

06 Jan 2018, 11:33

Roadmap is maybe dead, but new beta Noesis2.1.0b14 was released near end of 2017 (around 10 days back).

jsantos
Site Admin

06 Jan 2018, 16:31

So is Noesis GUI dead?
I have no idea about how you got that conclusion. : ) With an active forum (with daily posts including official responses), with the latest release a few days ago (2.1 beta) and with our presence at GDC (last year and current one), NoesisGUI is more alive than ever. The same for the team behind it, we are growing and growing each year.

nsxdavid
Topic Author

06 Jan 2018, 16:36

Well, the impression comes from this:

* No traffic on Unity forum.
* Very old version on Unity Asset store (though this may be a strategy of yours, not sure)
* Roadmap goes to a Trello that stopped updating a long time ago.
* Changelog is Version 2.1.0b10 (even though I'm told there is a b14 somewhere)
* I can find the b12 download, but no sure where to find this b14 one.

I do not mean to be disparaging. I believe you have done a phenomenal amount of engineering to bring XAML in a practical way to these platforms, and we have some high-budget titles we are kicking off this year that we would seriously like to consider using NOESIS GUI for, assuming it is well supported, moving forward, and ticks enough feature boxes.

In regards to the impression I get as a potential new customer: Do you plan to get your roadmap back up to speed, etc.?

David

jsantos
Site Admin

06 Jan 2018, 16:48

* No traffic on Unity forum.
We prefer having everything under control here. Offering support here is a lot easier that in an external forum. Besides, NoesisGUI is also compatible with more engines, even your own engine.
* Very old version on Unity Asset store (though this may be a strategy of yours, not sure)
Yes, this is a strategy decision. The EULA available in the Asset Store it not compatible with our product.
* Roadmap goes to a Trello that stopped updating a long time ago.
You are right about this. But our experience with the roadmap is that many times we are not able to reach the objectives, so we prefer to maintain private conversations with out customers in the bug tracker, but yes, you are right about it. We should make an effort to improve the visibility of the roadmap.
* Changelog is Version 2.1.0b10 (even though I'm told there is a b14 somewhere)
* I can find the b12 download, but no sure where to find this b14 one.
Last version can be downloaded here. Being a beta, the version is not aligned with all platforms and also we are distributing a few version privately. But the final 2.1 release is very very close.
I do not mean to be disparaging. I believe you have done a phenomenal amount of engineering to bring XAML in a practical way to these platforms, and we have some high-budget titles we are kicking off this year that we would seriously like to consider using NOESIS GUI for, assuming it is well supported, moving forward, and ticks enough feature boxes.
It is perfectly well supported with many (huge) companies using it. Please, contact us in private if you want more detail.
In regards to the impression I get as a potential new customer: Do you plan to get your roadmap back up to speed, etc.?
Yes, after releasing 2.1, is probably a good time to update our public roadmap.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! And sorry about my first cold answer... I though you came here and started to post without having read anything in our site. Obviously you investigated before writing :)