royforeman
Topic Author

Unable to type into ComboBox

13 Dec 2017, 23:07

Hi

I'm having issues with the ComboBox. See code snippet below, but when running via Unity debugger or as a built exe I am unable to type into the ComboBox at all. The item source is an ObservableCollection<string> Initially containing "Player 1" and "Player 2".

I have tried variations on the xaml as well, including using Text= instead of SelectedItem=.

Hopefully its me doing something stupid, so if anyone can enlighten me then that would be great. Thanks.

Xaml:
<ComboBox  IsEditable="True" IsReadOnly="False" ItemsSource="{Binding Path=PlayerNames}" IsSynchronizedWithCurrentItem="False" SelectedItem="{Binding Path=PlayerOneName, Mode=TwoWay}" Width="150" Margin="0,10" Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="1"/>

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Unable to type into ComboBox

18 Dec 2017, 11:59

One question, if you select one of the options, then can yo select the text and write?

Because I noticed that when the ComboBox has no text, you need to click twice to focus and be able to write. Is that what is happening to you?

royforeman
Topic Author

18 Dec 2017, 22:57

Hi

Whilst checking to see if that was the issue, I discovered the problem was related to the NoesisView not having the "Enable Keyboard" option set.

Now that I have that set, I do find it takes a second click in order for the ComboBox to accept keyboard input (does not have to be double click, I can click into it, click away and then click again and it will accept input).

Regards

jsantos
Site Admin

19 Dec 2017, 05:05

Thanks for the feedback! Closing this.