dl_studios
Topic Author

Drag and Drop

26 Sep 2014, 20:20

How does drag and drop work? We'd like to allow the user to drag a button from one container and drop it into another.

We see the exposed events DragLeave, DragEnter, Drop etc... but how do you get them to fire? Are there any examples of how to do this? ( the msdn.microsoft drag-drop example uses classes and methods which noesis doesn't have. At least, we can't find them). The only dragging examples we've been able to find is the SpaceBoy tutorial. Using that we've been able to get a stackpanel to drag. But it certainly isn't firing off any dragevents, so we assume there is something more that needs to be done.

Any direction in how to get this done would be appreciated. Thanks.

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Drag and Drop

29 Sep 2014, 11:42

Drag and Drop events are not implemented but maybe you can emulate them with mouse events.

jsantos
Site Admin

29 Sep 2014, 16:08

Effectively, this can be done with the current architecture as shown in the following game (min 3:20)

Anyway we have plans to create a minimal inventory system sample and also include the drag&drop events in our architecture.

dl_studios
Topic Author

15 Jan 2015, 19:37

Just checking up on how implementing drag and drop events is going? Or is it already implemented? I see drag event args in the system, DragStartedEventArgs, DragDeltaEventArgs etc, but I'm not sure about how to get a drag to begin. If drag and drop is implemented, how would I do it? Are you still planning on creating a sample inventory system? Thanks.

sfernandez
Site Admin

16 Jan 2015, 20:30

Just checking up on how implementing drag and drop events is going? Or is it already implemented? I see drag event args in the system, DragStartedEventArgs, DragDeltaEventArgs etc, but I'm not sure about how to get a drag to begin. If drag and drop is implemented, how would I do it? Are you still planning on creating a sample inventory system? Thanks.
Hi,

Drag and Drop events are not implement, and since they can be emulated quite well using a combination of MouseDown, MouseMove and MouseUp events, it is not a priority in our list of next features.

I will add now a simple demo in the Showcase because it might be useful for many others ;)

sfernandez
Site Admin

16 Jan 2015, 21:24

I just posted a sample in the Showcase: Drag and Drop.

dl_studios
Topic Author

20 Jan 2015, 18:11

Thank you! This is really helpful!

ZanAlex

24 Mar 2015, 17:02

Even though your example is very useful and the Drag'n Drop behaviour can be quite easily implemented, having the full set of DragEnter/DragOver/DragLeave/Drop events implemented would be very valuable. In this current state, one have to reimplement all of these behaviours with all the troubles caused by mouse capture everytime one need drag'n drop behaviour. It makes duplicated code everywhere this behaviour is needed.

Do you think you could re-evaluate your opinion on the priority of implementing the drag'n drop events?

jsantos
Site Admin

25 Mar 2015, 14:14

Yes, of course, our priorities are set by the demand of our customers. As there is a workaround for this we cannot give high priority to this problem but the plan is having this implemented in the next versions.

Could you please report a ticket?

ZanAlex

25 Mar 2015, 17:08

I do appreciate that my remarks are being taken into account, thanks a lot about that :)