Shando
Topic Author

Viewing Samples in Kaxaml

19 May 2018, 03:17

Hi all,

I've just come across Noesis and was trying to view the samples in Kaxaml (which I got from here, as it seems to be the most recent: https://github.com/punker76/kaxaml). I can't use VS/Blend as I don't have enough space on my C: drive to install it!

However, when I try to view any of the samples (the snippets seem to work fine) I get various errors which all seem to revolve around code with "x:" in it. I'm assuming I need to import/copy some Noesis specific files across?

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

Shando

tkaczz

Re: Viewing Samples in Kaxaml

21 May 2018, 17:35

As I remember Noesis Samples are blend projects with everything already being set, so you're probably out of luck with kaxaml. If you're using Unity you have to import Noesis package before you can run certain sample.
BTW you can install vs+blend on another partition.

Shando
Topic Author

22 May 2018, 12:04

Hi tkaczz,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, VS stores a lot of info on the C: Drive that you can't move. I have just uninstalled VS (I was down to 2GB free!) and I managed to free up almost 10GB of space on the C: Drive, even though VS was installed on my D: Drive.

Thanks again.

Shando

jsantos
Site Admin

22 May 2018, 19:11

We recommend you finding space for Microsoft Blend because the experience is must better than Kaxaml. Besides, I don't think Kaxaml is compatible with code-behind classes (x: keywords). An alternative would be using our XamlPlayer.