nokola

Re: BETA: NoesisGUI v2.1.0b10 (Unity, C++)

14 Dec 2017, 06:01

Thanks for the update. Just tried beta10, noticed an issue: DynamicResource-s no longer resolve:

Setup in ApplicationResources:
    <FontFamily x:Key="PhoneFontFamilyNormal">Fonts/#Roboto Regular</FontFamily>
    <Style x:Key="appBarTextStyle" TargetType="TextBlock">
	  <Setter Property="FontFamily" Value="{DynamicResource PhoneFontFamilyNormal}"/>	
    </Style>
Then in MainPage.xaml:
<Button>
    <TextBlock Text="test" Style="{StaticResource appBarTextStyle}" />
</Button>
This used to work in Beta4 -> I'd get the "Roboto" font on screen. In beta10, I get the default Noesis font.
StaticDynamic.jpg
StaticDynamic.jpg (10.05 KiB) Viewed 2691 times
Note that using StaticResource works, however that's not a good workaround for us since we load non-English fonts (or different fonts in general) dynamically based on UI language during startup.

Is this a known issue or should I open a bug?

ivan_b

16 Dec 2017, 19:23

Hi,

In the new Unity beta I get the error "Unable to convert '0' to 'CV.UI.UserControls.PlacementPosition' enum value".
Is this a noesis bug or something in the api has changed?

sfernandez
Site Admin

18 Dec 2017, 11:34

DynamicResource-s no longer resolve
Thanks for bringing this up, DynamicResource was not searching in the new Application Resources dictionary, we fixed it for the next release.
In the new Unity beta I get the error "Unable to convert '0' to 'CV.UI.UserControls.PlacementPosition' enum value".
Is this a noesis bug or something in the api has changed?
This is probably coming from a Binding.Converter incorrect type returned. In previous versions that error was failing silently, we added a message so users can fix the return type.
Could you verify this is the problem you are seeing?

sfernandez
Site Admin

18 Dec 2017, 19:51

@ivan:

About the enums problem I found it is a bug in our code.
We are fixing it and will be solved for the next beta we are going to release very soon.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

Re: BETA: NoesisGUI v2.1.0b12 (Unity, C++)

19 Dec 2017, 05:02

Beta 12 released!

ivan_b

19 Dec 2017, 09:36

Hi,

I have noticed two problems with noesis.

In Unity , beta 04 I have a problem on the iPad 2. When a UserControl is created and after it is not used anymore the memory is still allocated so the memory usage gets very high.
In the previous version of noesis we didn't have this problem.
I haven't noticed that problem on the windows version.

On windows, when creating an image with a TextureSource, then enabeling a camera in front of the camera that Noesis is using and then switching back,
after that when I try to close the application it freezes. The problem is when I add a TextureSource to an Image.
Is this a known issue and do you need more detail about that?

sfernandez
Site Admin

19 Dec 2017, 13:25

Hi,

I have noticed two problems with noesis.

In Unity , beta 04 I have a problem on the iPad 2. When a UserControl is created and after it is not used anymore the memory is still allocated so the memory usage gets very high.
In the previous version of noesis we didn't have this problem.
I haven't noticed that problem on the windows version.
Is this also happening with beta 12?
On windows, when creating an image with a TextureSource, then enabeling a camera in front of the camera that Noesis is using and then switching back,
after that when I try to close the application it freezes. The problem is when I add a TextureSource to an Image.
Is this a known issue and do you need more detail about that?
If this is this something you can reproduce easily with a small example, could you please create a ticket in our bugtracker and we will investigate it?

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

Re: BETA: NoesisGUI v2.1.0b12

20 Dec 2017, 03:36

We have released the C# SDK, this is the first version including the application framework. Please give it a try.

nokola

20 Dec 2017, 07:27

Just tried Beta12 - thanks for updating it so quickly! Unfortunately there's an even earlier failure now that also blocks my test for DynamicResource-s.

For this XAML:
 <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="Black">
</Grid>
This code throws exception because the SolidColorBrush is likely frozen:
// ... code to load xaml here ...
            Grid LayoutRoot = (Grid) FindName("LayoutRoot");
            LayoutRoot.Background.Opacity = 0; <-- ERROR HERE: "Cannot set 'Opacity' property on object 'SolidColorBrush' because it is in a read-only state"

Used to work fine on beta10 and before. Since our code is sprinkled with color, opacity changes in a lot of places unfortunately this issue is a blocker.

sfernandez
Site Admin

20 Dec 2017, 12:00

Resources coming from Application.Resources, Style.Setters, Trigger.Setters, named Brushes (like "Black"), are all Frozen.
I verified that the same occurs in WPF. In our previous versions we incorrectly allowed to modify properties of frozen objects.

If you need to modify them in code, then you have to Clone the resource before:
Grid LayoutRoot = (Grid) FindName("LayoutRoot");
LayoutRoot.Background = LayoutRoot.Background.Clone(); // <- Create a modifiable copy here
LayoutRoot.Background.Opacity = 0;
Or use a non-named resource:
<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="#000">
</Grid>
Or you can use animations, as they automatically create clones of frozen objects.