flyingtree
Topic Author

How to load XAML in UE4?

09 Jun 2017, 11:51

I downloaded the NoesisGui Plugin from github and build ok.
So what's next to get xaml works in the UE4? Any tutorials?

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: How to load XAML in UE4?

09 Jun 2017, 13:58

The UE4 plugin is yet in beta stage. Although most of the functionality is finished, documentation and samples are missing. For now you should follow the steps described in the GitHub page.

We are working to improve this. Your feedback is always welcome.

Thanks!

flyingtree
Topic Author

09 Jun 2017, 14:02

The UE4 plugin is yet in beta stage. Although most of the functionality is finished, documentation and samples are missing. For now you should follow the steps described in the GitHub page.

We are working to improve this. Your feedback is always welcome.

Thanks!
The How to use in the GitHub page doesn't work. And I opened an issue in the github. Click this link for more details.

jsantos
Site Admin

09 Jun 2017, 18:08

Thanks for the feedback! Expect our answer very soon!

hcpizzi
Site Admin

12 Jun 2017, 17:15

Sorry about the late reply.

Unfortunately I'm unable to test the instructions at the moment, but I'll be able to do so tomorrow. When I do I'll make sure I capture screenshots to graphically illustrate the process.

Sorry for the inconvenience and I'll get back to you tomorrow.

hcpizzi
Site Admin

16 Jun 2017, 01:02

I've verified that the steps, as described in the readme, work correctly. Sorry if the images aren't too clear:

First you create the NoesisGuiBlueprint from the "Add New" button or right clicking in the Content Browser and then selecting Miscellaneous>NoesisGui Blueprint Class:
NewNoesisGuiBlueprint.jpg
After you've given it a name, double click it to configure it:
NoesisGuiBlueprintConfiguration.jpg
Finally you can use it. You can create it using the Create Widget function and selecting the new NoesisGuiBlueprint from the drop down list and then adding it to the viewport or player screen. In this case I added the following code to the Level Blueprint:
LevelBlueprintCode.jpg
Did you get the code from the 4.15 branch? The code in the master branch may be a bit stale. By the way, I've fixed a problem with asset dependencies on load that I've pushed to GitHub just now. It's not related to any of this, but you may as well sync your local copy while you're at it.

Please, let us know if you need further help with this.