Forum rules
A place to show off your creations with noesisGUI and comment on them. From XAML snippets to full projects.

Ziriax
Topic Author

Monogame - Noesis interop fork with "XAML edit-and-continue"

28 Dec 2016, 17:57

Hi all,

I forked the Monogame - Noesis interop sample from AIEnabled on GitHub https://github.com/Ziriax/NoesisGUI.MonoGameWrapper

Works with 1.3beta3 and Windows DX11 only for now.

It fixes some keyboard input problems, allows usage of Monogame 2D textures in Noesis GUI, and has experimental support for "XAML edit-and-continue": if you change a XAML file the UI will be automagically reloaded without having to restart the game. This is only useful if you use the MVVM pattern I guess.

I also added a "design-time" WPF project that allows editing the UI using WPF.

Have fun, but beware of glitches :D

Cheers,
Peter Verswyvelen
Peter Verswyvelen,
Strongly Typed Solutions

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Monogame - Noesis interop fork with "XAML edit-and-conti

29 Dec 2016, 16:29

Wow! This is amazing! We are also working in 1.3 to support hot-reloading of resources (xaml, textures and fonts). I will have a look at your code tonight.

Thanks for sharing!

Ziriax
Topic Author

29 Dec 2016, 18:38

Cool, if you implement hot reloading, it will be a lot better and faster than my simple experiment!

I just did it brute force, and I'm not even sure it will work with multiple XAML files, since your engine might do some caching internally.

I first tried to re-create the root view, but could not find a way to do that. So I just created a proxy ContentControl and ResourceDictionary.

I'm looking forward to your hot reloading feature!
Peter Verswyvelen,
Strongly Typed Solutions

Ziriax
Topic Author

07 Feb 2017, 16:52

I just updated the code to work with BETA4.

Know problem: since in BETA4 SetTheme can only be called once, and ResourceDictionary cannot be created anymore from C#, it will not use a theme when you want the "edit-and-continue" feature.
Peter Verswyvelen,
Strongly Typed Solutions