Welcome to noesisGUI v1.3.0b5!
This document describes how to use noesisGUI and how to start familiarizing yourself with the XAML format. XAML is a declarative XML-based language created by Microsoft that is used in several technologies like Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Silverlight, Windows Store apps and Windows Phone apps. NoesisGUI is a multiplatform graphical user interface middleware for realtime applications that understands XAML. Thanks to that, professional tools like Blend can be used to design your interfaces.
You can view the changelog for this and past versions.
The indexed reference of framework classes is located in the class hierarchy list. This index can be used to discover what parts of XAML are implemented or not by noesisGUI. Within the documentation of each class supported events, properties and methods are documented.
Although there is plenty of documentation on the internet covering XAML, the first steps you should perform to familiarize yourself with noesisGUI is reading the following tutorials we have prepared.
- Tutorial 1: A quick guide to XAML
- Tutorial 2: Introducing Controls
- Tutorial 3: Events
- Tutorial 4: Rendering shapes
- Tutorial 5: Images
- Tutorial 6: Text
- Tutorial 7: Animation
- Tutorial 8: Layout & Panels
- Tutorial 9: Applying styles and templates
- Tutorial 10: Touch and Manipulation
- Tutorial 11: Extending NoesisGUI
- Tutorial 12: Data Binding
- Tutorial 13: Commands
- Tutorial 1: First steps with NoesisGUI
- Tutorial 2: UserControl example
- Tutorial 3: CustomControl example
- Tutorial 4: Application Prototyping
- Tutorial 5: Customizing Resource Loading
- Tutorial 6: Rendering Architecture
- Tutorial 7: Integrating NoesisGUI in your application
- Tutorial 8: Using Microsoft Blend with NoesisGUI
- Tutorial 9: OGRE3D Integration Tutorial
- Tutorial 10: OpenSceneGraph Integration Tutorial
The following links will guide you trough reference documentation covering internal details on the NoesisGUI architecture: